Yep, the warm weather really does make me happy. I’ve been cold and miserable for the the past three months and I am so happy that I no longer have to wear my down parka. I also cracked my windows open to let in some fresh air while I was cleaning the house.
No more knee high socks. No more heavy sweaters. No more snow days. Woo hoo!!
Here’s to spring! Spring Flowers, spring birds, and spring cleaning.
Cherry Ice Cream Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 1 Box mix of Chocolate Cake + ingredients on box
for the Cherry Ice Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
for the Cherry Mousse
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 maraschino cherry juice
- 1 (3.4 oz) instant white chocolate pudding
- Make the ice cream. Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form with the sugar. In a separate bowl mix the cherry juice and the sweetened condensed milk until combined. Fold in the whipped cream to the cherry cream. Fill lined 8 inch round inch round cake pan with the mixture and freeze overnight.
- Bake your cake according to the instructions in two 8 inch round pans. Set aside to cool.
- Make the easy cherry mousse. Whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Mix the cherry juice with the pudding and fold into the whipped cream.
- Place the cake into a 9 inch springform pan and layer with the ice cream. Spread the mousse around the edges and on top filling in the sides. Tap the pan a few times to get out the air bubbles out and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Decorate with some maraschino cherries and whipped cream.
- Slice and enjoy!
by Karyn Granrud