Chocolate Donut Trifle with White Chocolate Pudding and Tart Cherries
Oh WOW! This dessert was amazing to eat and a pain in the you-know-what to photograph.
First off, it’s not as easy as it layer a trifle and make it pretty. I give lots of credit to those who have done it. This was my first trifle and there was a huge learning curve to making it pretty. I feel like I fell very short from pretty.
I later heard that freezing each layer would help with the photos, but that’s really not very realistic for people and I really strive to photograph REAL food, the way that you would make it at home. So, I did my best to make it presentable.
I really hope you think it looks presentable… I’m feeling very unsure with this post. It really didn’t turn out the way I wanted it to.
However, I think a well placed cherry can save the day!
I ended bring this behemoth of a dessert to my daughter’s school for an after standardized test treat. The owner of the school is a very clean eater and just completed a very strict vegan cleanse a few weeks ago. This is something that she avoids at all costs and even she could not resist the pull of the chocolate magnet! All the teaches and aides enjoyed it.
This desserts feeds a lot of hungry mouths. It’s a great dessert to serve when you have a large group to feed.
If you make this dessert, I hope that you enjoy it as much as we did! I hope you enjoy the twist of the donuts in place of pound cake and the white chocolate pudding in place of plain Jane Vanilla.
Chocolate Cherry Trifle
Layers of Chocolate Donuts, White Chocolate Pudding and Tart Cherries makes a wonderful trifle.
For the Cherry Filling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cans Pitted Red Tart Cherries
- Whipped Cream
Make the Tart Cherries
- Put the sugar and cornstarch into a small pot and stir with a whisk. Add one can of the cherry water to the sugar and cook over medium heat. Whisk constantly so that no lumps form. When the mixture is thickened, remove it from the heat and stir in the two cans of drained cherries. Set aside to cool for several hours. Do not refrigerate.
Make the Trifle
- Break up and layer in some of the Chocolate Donuts. Add half the White Chocolate Pudding over top and then add half the cherries. Repeat with more donuts, pudding and cherries.
- Add a cup of whipped cream and top with a cherry.
- If you have extra chocolate glaze left over from the donuts, you can make chocolate whipped cream. Simply make your homemade whip cream and add in a tablespoon of chocolate when soft peaks form.
- Serve to a hungry group!
Find the recipe for the White Chocolate Pudding HERE.
Find the recipe to the Chocolate Donuts HERE.