I am back baby! After this long winter, being unmotivated, uninspired, and basically lazy, I’ve made a great dessert combination for you. This Smoked Chocolate Whisky Cake with Chocolate Frosting, and Chocolate Whisky Balls is the perfect guy’s treat! Everyone is going to love it!
I have them in my fridge and have been enjoying one each night for the past week. My husband loves them as well and so did the teachers at my daughter’s school.
There is a sweet flavor with the added whisky in the chocolate. I’m just loving these. I think I’ll try these with different alcohol varieties. I bet using chocolate liquor would be great!
I chose to roll these in chocolate jimmies instead of the cocoa and sugar suggested. These would be fun rolled in rainbow sprinkles for a party as well. You could also place them into little gift boxes and surprise someone special.
Chocolate Whisky Balls
Whisky Balls Recipe, a cousin to Rum Balls, are perfect for a midnight snack!
- 1 C Pecans
- 3/4 C Bourbon Whisky, divided
- 2 C Vanilla Wafer Crumbs
- 1/4 C Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 1/4 C light corn syrup
- Chocolate Jimmies
- In a small bowl, pour ½ cup of whisky over the pecans. Cover and soak the pecans overnight.
- Spread out the pecans on a cookie sheet and bake at 352 F until lightly toasted. Let them cool and then chop finely.
- Process the vanilla wafers in a food processor until they are crumbled. Add in the cocoa, powdered sugar, syrup, ¼ cup whisky, and pecans and process until combined. Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out the balls.
- Roll the whisky balls smooth and roll into chocolate jimmies. If the balls are a little "wet" feeling, just refrigerate to dry.
by Karyn Granrud