Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting topped with Marshmallow Fondant and Sugared Cranberries
Oh! I loved these cupcakes! Aren’t they just so elegant??
I thought they were and my Thanksgiving dinner guests thought so too!
That’s right! I made cupcakes for Thanksgiving dessert. No pie. I just could not bring myself to make a dessert that I couldn’t photograph. The final dress up and photo shoot was done at noon on Thanksgiving when I really should have been cleaning… oh well! It all got taken cake of.
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) red food coloring
- ¾ cup cake flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350. Place liners into the cupcake pan.
- Beat eggs with whisk attachment for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add oil and sugar, beating well then add buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and red food coloring.
- Switch to the paddle attachment and add dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, measure the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
- Combine all ingredients until desired consistency is reached. Put in a pipping bag fitted with a Wilton 1M tip. Frost the cupcakes and decorate with some white sugar sprinkles. Set aside.
- Take your 2" fondant circle and add a touch of corn syrup. Attach 3 sugared cranberries and a leaf. Place the fondant circle on top of frosting.
I hope you love cupcakes just as much because