I love upgrading delicious cupcakes from a mix and these Honey Butter Cupcakes with Cinnamon and Pecans were amazing. I simply took my cake mix and stirred in some yummy Praline Honey Butter and baked them. Topped them with vanilla frosting that was whipped with more honey butter. And then, added a spoonful of it over the top! Talk about a honey overload – these cupcakes sure did hit the sweet spot.
I bought some Limited Edition Praline Pecan Honey Butter while on vacation in Austin, Texas earlier this year. Let me just tell you how amazing this was right out of the jar! Whoa! And then I melted it to pour over my pancakes in place in syrup…. oh my… how I wish I still had some to enjoy.
I have seen recipes to make your own honey butter, so if you’re really wishing to get your hands on some, look for it in the store or make your own. Then toast some pecans, grind them up fine and mix them in for your own pecan version.
Do you enjoy finding local treats when you’re visiting a new location? I love walking around little specialty shops in quaint little towns to find a treasure. I found the honey butter, along with candy, beef jerky, and BBQ sauce in a gas station!
Yes, that’s right. A Gas Station.
But, this wasn’t just any ‘ol gas station – it was a HUGE Buc-ee’s. If you ever find yourself in south eastern Texas, make a pit stop into one of these “big-as-Texas” gas stations.
I guess you just never know what you’ll find when you take the time to look.
Cinnamon Honey Butter Praline Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
- Vanilla Cake Mix (plus ingredients stated on box)
- 1/2 C Praline Honey Butter
For the Frosting
- Container Vanilla Frosting
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 C Praline Honey Butter + more to drizzle
- Cinnamon Pecans
- Make your cupcake batter according to the instructions on the box and stir in a half cup of honey butter. Bake as directed.
- Make your frosting in a mixer. Combine the canned frosting, sugar and honey butter until well mixed. Transfer to a piping bag with an open star tip.
- Frost the cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to serve. Warm up a 1/4 cup of honey butter and drizzle over top of frosting and top with a cinnamon pecan.
- Enjoy with a tall glass of milk for dessert.
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!
Enjoy more Pecan and Cinnamon desserts.