Living in the Mid-Atlantic, I’m spoiled by Mother Nature and all of the beautiful fall colors that she has to offer. These Chocolate Leaves and stunning colored cupcakes were 100% inspired by the changing leaves on the trees, in the wind, and on the ground here in West Virginia. Fall Leaves Cupcakes are easy to make and are absolutely stunning to serve.
I loved the BIG, beautiful chocolate leaves that I made in the top photo. They were really impressive and I used the leaves on the cupcake liners as the template. However, they were a bit too big and a bit too fragile and they broke before I could get more than three photos.
So, I made some more chocolate leaves and this time they were a smaller and not so fragile and detailed. I still like them, but I think that the top ones are a lot better 🙂
I love the yellow, orange, and red swirls on the frosting. Isn’t it pretty! Doesn’t it just scream FALL to you? Well it does to me.
Fall Leaves Cupcakes
- Favorite Cupcakes
- Vanilla Frosting – homemade or 1 can Vanilla Frosting and 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Yellow, Orange, Red food coloring
- Chocolate Chips
- Bake your favorite batch of cupcakes.
- Make some vanilla frosting, either with homemade buttercream or mix together canned frosting and powdered sugar until thick.
- Put the frosting into a piping bag with a 1M star tip. Alternate adding a stripe of food coloring to the inside of the bag. Fill the bag with frosting and pipe on your frosting.
- Place a handful of chocolate chips in a baggie and place them into hot water to melt. Massage the baggie to make sure that it’s all melted then snip off the corner of the bag and pipe leaf outlines on to parchment paper. Refrigerate to set the chocolate leaves for 10 minutes. Place a leaf on top of a cupcake and serve at your fall party!
by Karyn Granrud