Frozen Ginger Lemon Whip with Blueberry Sauce – Day Two – Ginger Lemon Whip
Today is kind of an easy day.
We’re taking that beautiful curd that we and we are folding it into some whipped cream.
Super simple, right?
Ginger Lemon Whip
This easy whipped dessert is light on sugar, but heavy on flavor.
- Ginger Lemon Curd
- 2 cups heavy cream
- Line a Wilton 6-Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan pan with Jumbo Muffin Cups.
- In a mixer with a whisk attachment, whip cream until soft peaks form. Add half the curd and whip to combine. Fold in remaining curd until just blended.
- Add ginger lemon whip to the jumbo cupcake pan. Bang the pan on the counter to get any large air bubbles out.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place the tray into the freezer overnight.
by Karyn Granrud
Do you have a hard time making whipped cream? Here are a few tips…
#1. Use a mixer. I have a KitchenAid and Love it! (oh… and I still have that giveaway going on… just sayin’.) If you really can’t afford an upright mixer, then hand-held beaters do a fine job as well.
#2. Place your bowl and whisk attachment into the fridge the night before.
#3. If you are sweetening the whipped cream with sugar, add it in the beginning.
#4. If you are adding a flavoring, add it at the end.
#5. Not sure what “soft peak” is? It’s when you stop the mixer, pull your whisk attachment off, dip it into the cream and when you turn it right side up the peak will fall over on itself. Think of a Dairy Queen curl.
#6. “Stiff Peak” will hold the point and not fall back on itself. It won’t be completely straight, but it won’t flop either.
Does that help? I generally watch until the whisk attachment leaves a wake behind. The cream will no longer lay flat in the bowl and it has nearly doubled in size. Then I check the peak and see where I am.
Now you have a question about folding ingredients? Here’s the scoop –
– Folding is a gentler, slower cousin to mixing, stirring, and blending.
– Folding is done to KEEP all that air in the cream. Mixing, stirring, and blending would pop all those air bubbles and your whipped cream will be basic cream again.
– Fold batter win a spatula or balloon whisk. I use a spatula and scrape the side down to the bottom and then fold that scoop over the top. I turn my bowl counter-clockwise while scraping clockwise. Bring the stuff on the bottom up and fold it over the top.
– Fold only until the ingredients are combined. Do NOT over fold mixtures.
Take your time folding. It’s not a race. Do not rush it.
Does that help?
Told ya. super simple today.