A great recipe for Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies. The raisins are totally optional, but I loved them!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
The same day I made these cookies, I made some gluten free bread. Again, I followed a recipe from KAF and went out and bought $12 Xanthan Gum to make it.
If you’re looking for a good cookie to send to school, that’s a bit more filling than a standard chocolate chip cookie, try these. I’ll be making these again, that’s for sure.
Gluten Free Oatmeal Flax Chocolate Chunk Raisin Cookies
- Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, eggs, and water until combined. Add in the flour, oats, and flax. Hand mix in the chocolate chunks and raisins.
- Refrigerate the dough for about 1 hour, for the flax and oats to soften.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a cookie sheet with parchment or a silicon mat. Use a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out the dough and then flatten the scoops slightly.
- Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool on the baking sheets for 15 minutes or so, to allow cookies to firm up. Transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Store in a sealed container.
by Karyn Granrud
Here’s some more Gluten Free Cookies for you.