Oh Yes!! The ultimate in Fudge. I give you the Hot Cocoa, Marshmallow and Pop Tart Fudge!
I have been pouring over the internet for more Pop Tart ideas and nothing really inspired me. I’ve seen pictures of wonderful treats and designs that would blow your socks off, but I had to find something NEW! Something DIFFERENT. Something FRESH, EXCITING, and YUMMY!
I have about 6 different flavors of Pop Tarts in the house right now. I was playing around with one of my daughter’s fruit flavors, but I really, really like these Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Pop Tarts that I got. I wanted to make something with them… I made the Milkshake on Monday, but I was at a loss for the next post…
But then, I thought… FUDGE!
Yes, of course! I’ll make Hot Cocoa Fudge. I googled it and found a ton of Hot Fudge recipes, but only one fudge recipe that uses Hot Cocoa Mix. I tried it and it was a huge F.A.I.L. The sugar didn’t melt so it was grainy and it didn’t harden… What a waste!
So I turned to a known fudge recipe (on the back of the Solo Marshmallow Creme container) and just switched out the chocolate chips for Hot Cocoa Mix.
This came out so much better!
And while I was back at the store getting MORE hot chocolate, I picked up a new Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Chocolate Marshmallow packet.
Mmmmm! That’s sure to add a few inches to your waistline!
Hot Chocolate Pop Tart Fudge
- 2 Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Pop Tarts
- 5 oz. Evaporated Milk
- 3 (1 oz) packets of Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 stick Butter (1/4 C)
- 7 oz. Marshmallow Creme
- 1/2 C Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Starter
- 1/4 Packet of Chocolate Marshmallow Flavoring
- Combine Evaporated Milk and Hot Cocoa Mix until cocoa is dissolved.
- On the stove, add Milk mixture, sugar, and 1 Tbls of butter.
- Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil until mixture reaches 233 deg F on a candy thermometer. Add remaining butter and stir until melted.
- Stir in two Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Pop Tarts crumbled up.
- Optional topping, mix frosting and frosting flavor packet and cover fudge. Then add crumbled Pop Tarts to top.
- Serve these up to your Sweet Tooth and Enjoy!
by Karyn Granrud
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!