Vanilla bean ice cream with ribbons of peach puree. This peaches and cream ice cream is a fabulous treat for a summer afternoon.
Peaches and Cream Ice Cream Recipe
My local Peaches are so good! They are sweet and juicy and we love them. Well, we kinda have a love/hate relationship with them. You see, we just can’t get past the fuzzy outside, so we don’t eat them “raw” very often. I’ve been baking away with them and I love them pureed in this Peaches and Cream Ice Cream recipe. I wanted to make some Peach Ice Cream, but I wanted the peach to be separate from the ice cream. I was looking for a ribbony effect of the peaches and that’s just what I got when I folded in the peach puree instead of mixing it thoroughly into the ice cream.
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole Milk
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 Peach, peeled
- In a KitchenAid Mixer, whip eggs and sugar until pale yellow and slightly frothy. Add in the milk and cream and whip for 30 seconds. Add in Vanilla Bean Paste and stir to combine.
- Add to an Ice Cream Maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer to a freezer safe bowl and press plastic wrap on top of ice cream. This keeps ice crystals from forming.
- Remove the skin from the peach and puree it in a blender, food processor or hand mash until thin. Place it in a bowl and freeze for six hours.
- Remove ice cream and peach puree from freezer. Gently break up peach puree with a spoon and add to the ice cream. Fold the peach into the ice cream. Do not over mix the peach in. Once all the peach is incorporated, place plastic wrap over top and return to freezer overnight.
- Enjoy on a hot summer afternoon.
So, I decided to make a basic Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and then add in some pureed peaches. In order to keep the two separate, I froze the peach puree in its own bowl first then I added it to the cream base.
You can almost think if it as a fruit granita meets vanilla ice cream. Yes the peach has an icy texture but I kinda liked that. It was a bit different in my mouth. There was some peach to eat and savor while it melted on my tongue. If you’re a peach lover, this ice cream is perfect for you!
If you enjoyed this ice cream, check out my other Ice Cream Recipes: