I thought to myself, I am going to put two things I love together and see what happens! I took my most favourite peanut butter cookies with cream cheese and chocolate and made my creation of Peanut Butter Cookie Bites. These bad boys are to die for and if you LOVE peanut butter this is a must try.
I promise you will be hooked!
I used Monkey Butter Peanut Butter which is made by a local company where I live. I love their White Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Butter variety which I used for these cookies.
Use my recipe at the bottom of the post and then use16 cookies to make these bites.Put them in a food processor until they turn into crumbs. Place in a bowl and add 5 ounces of cream cheese. (I estimate my ingredients so you have to really pay attention to the consistency.) You don’t want it dry but you also want it so when you roll it forms a ball. If it starts to break apart when rolling add more cream cheese but always remember – less is best. You might have to play with it a bit. Wrap the cookie dough in saran wrap, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge overnight to harden up. If you don’t do this they will fall apart.
Use a toothpick as a handle to dip it, tap off the excess and put it on parchment. Remove the toothpick carefully and cover the hole with some more chocolate.
The nice thing about using cookies is that you do not have to worry about the dreaded cracking like cake pops. Take these guys right out of the fridge and you can roll then dip and there will be no cracks!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and making them as much as I do.
They will be a hit no matter where you take them! Enjoy!
A little about me, Carmen Wishlow. I am the owner/operator of Carmen’s Sweet Creations and mother of 2 amazing boys who are 5 and 1. I have been baking and creating for three and a half years now, but just recently working out of a commercial kitchen. I specialize in custom cake pops, cupcakes and I do some simple buttercream cakes. I’m constantly adding new things to my menu. I cater to all events and I am located in Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada. I love to work closely with my clients to custom make something for you and make your event amazing. Come have a look at my website to see all the goodies I make.
You can follow me on Instagram at loves2bakeitall, on twitter at bakedbycarmen and of course on Facebook Carmen’s SweetCreations!
Peanut Butter Cookie Bites
- 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter (natural/unsweetened) I
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter chips or you can mix it up with white chocolate or milk chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease some cookie trays.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer’s bowl cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and egg until well combined then add the vanilla extract
- With a wooden spoon or the mixer on a low setting mix the flour mixture in with the peanut butter mixture in three additions until just combined.
- Roll out 1.5 tbsp balls of cookie dough and gently flatten with a fork.
- Bake for ten minutes, rotating the cookie sheets after five minutes. Let cool on the tray until firm enough to move to a cooling rack. Be careful not to over bake as you will not get that amazingly soft texture that these cookies come out like.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy with cold milk. Don’t forget to save some for the truffles!
by Pint Sized Baker