PEEPS & Company was generous to send me some samples of their new Bubble Gum and Lemonade flavored PEEPS. All opinions are my own.
While I was growing up, one of my favorite things was to go to 31 Flavors and get an ice cream cone. There was only 1 rule. NO BUBBLE GUM ice cream!
It only took one visit for my mom to instill this rule. You see, my brother and I had a competition to see who got more pieces of gum in their ice cream. It was quite a disgusting site for my mother and the other partons at the shop, but my brother and I didn’t care! We were totally gross and it didn’t bother us one bit!
But… when Dad would take us… there were no rules…
Oh, to be a kid again and enjoy some Bubble Gum Ice Cream.
This is so amazing!
Now, I don’t have to be the mom with the “rules” and I can give my daugher some Peeps Bubble Gum Ice Cream.
This was so easy to make and a lot of fun to eat!
I also dressed up the sugar cone with some fun pink candy and sprinkles.
Be sure to check back on Wednesday for another Peeps post and a Peeps Giveaway!
I know you want to shop at the Peeps Online Store and get some awesome Peeps stuff!
Now you can save 20% off your entire purchase during the month of August 2013 with special discount code 2013PSB!!
If you’re a Peeps fan or know someone who is, there is a TON of Peeps, Hot Tamales, Mike & Ike and Peanut Chews candy, clothing, and accessories!
Don’t forget to use the discount code 2013PSB at checkout to save 20%!
Now, go and enjoy some Ice Cream!
Peeps Bubble Gum Ice Cream
- 2 boxes of Bubble Gum Peeps
- 1 quart gallon Vanilla Ice cream
- Sugar Cones
- Pink Candy Melts
- Pink sprinkles
- Cut up Bubble Gum Peeps into small pieces and arrange them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Soften Ice Cream in a large bowl and add frozen Peeps. Stir well to combine the ice cream and Peeps. Work quickly so the ice cream doesn’t completely melt.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap over the ice cream pressing out any air bubbles and place the bowl into the freezer overnight.
- Melt 1/3 of the pag of pink candy melts according to the instructions. Dip the cones into the candy and tap off the excess and add the sprinkles.
- Place cones on a sheet of wax paper to dry.
- When ready, scoop your ice cream into cones and enjoy your “gum-free” Bubble Gum Ice Cream.
by Pint Sized Baker
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!