I will be participating in TWO Bake Sales with my daughter’s school in October. This will be our second year fundraising for this cause. It’s really easy to get involved, help out a good cause, and raise awareness.
Our first fundraiser in October will be held during the Freedom’s Run on October 4th. The school will be baking up lots and lots of Chocolate Chip Cookies to provide all the runners and families some “fuel” for after the run.
A little bit more about these yummy pumpkin cookies full of dates and walnuts and topped with a cram cheese frosting.
Please help this wonderful cause. If you would like to donate to Cookies for Kids Cancer, please donate through this Morgan Academy Page. Thank you so much!
Pumpkin Date Cookies #OXOGoodCookie
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C pumpkin, canned
- 2 eggs
- 2 C flour
- 2 tea baking powder
- 2 tea cinnamon
- 1/2 tea nut meg
- 1/2 tea ginger
- 1/4 tea cloves, ground
- 1 C chopped dates
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 C butter
- 1 tea vanilla
- 1\2 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 .
- If using whole dates, chop up and toss with some flour to help with the sticky pieces.
- Beat the sugar and butter for three minutes. Add in the pumpkin and eggs. Add the dry ingredients and mix. Hand stir in the dates and walnuts.
- Using an OXO Good Grips Cookie Scoop measure out the batter on to a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes, or until the center is baked and edges are set. Remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire wrack.
- For the Frosting
- Beat all the ingredients until smooth. Spread over the cookies and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Disclaimer – OXO provided me with some baking tools for this post. I am hosting the fundraisers on my own accord. Please read the information below provided from OXO about their involvement in Cookies for Kids Cancer.
For every stickered item sold, OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer. Look for specially marked OXO products at participating retailers in September.
|For more information about OXO’s involvement with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer, visit oxogoodcookies.com, or watch this video. To learn more about this worthy cause, visit cookiesforkidscancer.org.|