It’s my second post for Pop Tart week and I hope this one does not disappoint.
Haha! I know… Cake Pops usually post on Fridays, but this is NO cake pop!
These are Pop Tart Pops!
They are so easy and fun to make. Have fun making these with your kids.
1. Break off hard edges and pulse in food processor.
2. Break up pastry and add to food processor.
3. Pulse until a fine crumb is achieved
4. Add some Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese.
5. Mix together.
6. Roll 1 1/2 inch balls.
Over the weekend, I ran out of white candy melts. In desperation, I ran to the grocery store and got some Almond Bark. I melted it and I was so impressed with it! Almond Bark melts smoothly, it tastes great, and it dipped beautifully! This is going to be my new GO-TO Candy Coating from now on!
I got quite a response on Instagram of other cake popper and candy makers LOVING it as well.
I decided to put these pops on wooden sticks due to their size and leave them “candy apple” style.
I usually don’t like making pops with cream cheese because of the refrigeration lead to condensation, and condensation on the candy can create a sticky mess.
But, for the great pumpkin flavor, these are worth the extra step of keeping them wrapped up in the fridge and then allowing them to come to room temperature, still in their bags, to avoid condensation on the chocolate. The condensation will form on the bag leaving the candy coating clean.
Pumpkin Pop Tart Pops
- 6 Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts
- 1/4 C Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese
- Almond Bark
- Wooden Popsicle Sticks
- Break off the Pop Tart crusts from six Pop Tarts and pulse in Food Processor.
- Break up the Pop Tart and pulse to a fine crumb.
- Add in Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese and mix until all blended.
- Make 12, 1 1/2 inch Pop Tart Balls.
- Place in fridge and melt Almond Bark.
- Dip 1/4 inch of wooden stick into melted Almond Bark and then insert into the balls.
- Dip entire ball into Almond Bark and drip off excess melts.
- Add sprinkles when wet or allow to dry and add stripes and then sprinkles.
- Serve along with your other Pumpkin Treats. Enjoy!
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!