I took that naked Pumpkin Cheesecake and dressed it up for a family dinner party. I added some candied pepitas, made some delicious whipped cream and use the extra Moravian Ginger Cookies to take this cheesecake to the decadent level!
Adding these little extras made all the difference between a basic cheesecake and one that was out-of-this-world!
We’ve been apple picking, through the corn maze, participated in an Octoberfest, took care of some fall garden clean-up, bought a pumpkin, and got our Halloween decorations out. Still have to get them up, but they are out of the basement.
I also got a bit brave and bought a small Sugar Pumpkin to roast and make a pumpkin pie completely from scratch. Watch for it coming in a few weeks. Fingers crossed that it comes out.
Like most cheesecakes, this one feeds a crowd! You can share it with friends or freeze it (without the toppings) to enjoy later! I wish I still had some of this lurking in the back corners of my freezer, but alas, it’s all gone…
If the pumpkin seeds aren’t your thing, you can always go with the pecan topping I made here. That would be amazing on this dessert as well!
What do you think? What would you put on top of your cheesecake?
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Moravian Ginger Snap Cookie
- ½ C Pepitas
- 2 egg whites
- ½ C sugar
- ½ C heavy cream
- ¼ C sour cream
- ¼ C brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix the egg whites with the sugar and pepitas. Line a cookie sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Spread out the pumpkin seeds evenly on the try and bake for 30 minutes. The eggs whites should be completely dry, leaving the seeds and sugar behind. Leave the seeds in the oven with the door cracked for another hour and then leave them on the counter for another hour to complete drying. The pumpkin seeds should no longer be sticky and completely dry.
- While the pepitas are cooking, prepare your whipped cream. Whisk the cream until soft peaks form. Add in the sour cream and the brown sugar and whip them in. Cover and place into the fridge for several hours to allow the brown sugar to melt in.
- Remove the cheesecake from the fridge 30 minutes prior to serving. Run a knife along the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan and remove the ring. Slide a metal spatula (I use a Cake Lifter)under the crust to loosen from the base, gently lift and place on a serving platter.
- Top with the whipped cream, sprinkle on the sugared pepitas, and arrange Moravian Ginger Snap halves around the cheesecake.
- Slice and enjoy!
Find the Recipe for the Moravian Ginger Snaps HERE.
Find the Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Recipe HERE.