I got a comment on Facebook about Samoa’s being called Caramel Delights on the west coast. Is this true? Do my beloved Samoa cookies go by another name in different locations or are these Caramel Delights a knockoff of the real thing? I know that Keebler makes their version of them, but I stick to the real deal and only buy Girl Scout Cookies.
They just wouldn’t be as special if I could buy them anytime at the store.
This ice cream pie comes together quickly with some toasted coconut, your favorite vanilla ice cream and some hot fudge sauce and salted caramel sauce.
It’s messy and kinda ugly, but man was it good!
Samoa Ice Cream Pie
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- 1/2 gallon ice cream
- 1 box Samoa Girl Scout Cookies
- Caramel Sauce
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- 1 C Shredded Coconut, toasted
- Let the ice cream sit out to soften for 5 minutes while you toast the shredded coconut. I find the best way to toast the coconut is to place it in a skillet over medium heat and toast it slowly. Once it browned to your liking, remove it from the pan and allow to cool.
- Drizzle some caramel into the bottom of the graham cracker crust and a quarter of the coconut.
- Fill the crust with the softened ice cream. I used a little over half a container. Cut your Samoa Cookies in half and place them around the edges of the pie.Top with caramel and hot fudge drizzle and half the coconut.
- Cut your Samoa Cookies in half and place them around the edges of the pie.
- Cover and freeze for several hours.
- Prior to serving, warm the caramel and hot fudge and then add a second layer of caramel and hot fudge with the remaining toasted coconut. Cut and serve.