This Stove Top Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Dippers taste delicious together! It’ll become your favorite drink to come home to after a long day!
Stove Top Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Dippers
It snowed here is West Virginia last week, so it was the perfect time to make a big pot of hot chocolate to warm up with. Hot chocolate by itself is great, but it gets even better when you make it on the stove-top and add some marshmallows and a peppermint spoon.
I even made them extra extra chocolaty with a chocolate dipper.
I didn’t use all of the dippers for this shoot, so I saved the extra and made some hot chocolate a few nights later with a mug of hot milk. They turned out great as the primary source of chocolate. It was an extra special treat at the end of a long day.
Stove-top Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Dippers
This Stove top Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Dippers taste delicious together! It'll become your favorite drink to come home to after a long day!
- 1 14oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 C water
- 1/2 C Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- dash of salt
- Peppermint Stick Candy Spoons or Candy Canes
- 1 C Chocolate Chips
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and stir until smooth. Place mini foil cupcake liners in a pan. Fill them with the melted chocolate and stand up the candy spoons. I leaned them up through a cooling rack. Let them set and harden.
- Mix all ingredients in a heavy bottom pot and bring to a simmer. Serve with a dash of cinnamon and some marshmallows.
- Stir the chocolate dippers into the hot chocolate to make it extra chocolaty with a touch of mint.
- Enjoy on a snowy day!
by Karyn Granrud
For more yummy drinks, check these out.