My husband travels… A LOT!
He recently brought home some Unreal 41 Candy from a JetBlue Flight. He had not seen them before and thought that I might enjoy them for the blog.
Side note – Mr. Quart is constantly bringing me “stuff” for the blog. Most of the time I like it and think it’s a great “thing”, but I never really talk about it.
Other times, I’m like “What the… Why did you buy me that?” I’m kinda tempted to a post call it “Stuff my Husband bought”.
Well, this candy made it on to the blog. He was able to later bring home 6 bags of it and I got to work on a recipe for them.
I was checking out their website and I was amazed at the difference in their nutrional content! Check out what they DON’T have!
I also thought that these candies were such pretty colors.
I wanted something that would show off the gem-like purple, blue, green, yellow and orange colors.
These bars were very easy to make and really yummy.
You can use these candies in any recipe that you would use M&Ms in.
These bars are easy to make and sure to please. I’m not sure how “unjunked” the bars are, but I’m sure that my making my own they can’t be too bad.
I have not been paid or compensated for this post. I just really liked the candy and what the Unreal team is doing to make our Candy not so bad for me and my family.
You can find Unreal Candys using their Store Locator and read up on their mission to make better candy.
Unreal 41 Cookie Bars (recipe adapted from HERE)
- 2 C Oatmeal
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 1/2 C Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 C Butter, Melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 C Peanut Butter
- 4 bags (apx 1 cup) Unreal 41 Candies
- 1 C Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- Combine oatmeal, brown sugar, flour, coconut, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Drizzle melted butter and stir until moist (the mixture will be crumbly). Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the mixture and press remaining crumbs into a 13 x 9 baking dish that’s lined with foil.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Combine milk and peanut butter and spread over baked crust. Cover with Unreal 41 candies and chocolate chips. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over chocolate pieces and lightly press crumbs down.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool completely before cutting.
by Pint Sized Baker
Gotta Sweet Tooth? Share your recipe with me on Instagram using the hashtag #PintSizedBaker so I can see what you've been craving!