I wanted to make a simple, classic recipe for Karyn’s blog, and adding flavors to pudding was always something I had wanted to try! This pudding is easy to make, and you can choose whatever flavor you would like! We tried the Madagascar and Mexican vanilla extracts, and the banana, coconut and coffee extract. Since Mexican vanilla extract is generally better in cream based recipes, I wasn’t surprised that this was our favorite vanilla! My personal favorite flavored pudding was the banana, and Chad liked the coconut.
- 2 C. Milk
- ½ C. White Sugar
- 3 Tbls Corn Starch
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract –or- Your choice of flavored extract (banana, lemon, etc)
- 1 Tbls. Butter
- In medium saucepan, combine dry ingredients. Stir well to remove lumps.
- Add cold milk, and stir together to remove lumps.
- Over medium heat, stir consistently until pudding begins to thicken (approximately 20-25 minutes).
- Pour into a glass dish, add your choice extract (vanilla or flavored) and butter, stir.
- Stir, then chill for approximately an hour.
- Garnish as desired – we used bananas, chocolate sauce and toasted coconut with ours!) Enjoy!
This was such a fun recipe to make, and we really enjoyed the diversity of being able to create our own flavor! I hope you enjoy it! We love to chat with people about vanilla and good food, so feel free to check out our blog or Facebook page if you have questions we can answer for you!