Yes. I did make Booger Pop Tarts.
Need I say more??
I first saw these Booger Candies last year and was quite disgusted with them. I mean, really, who wants Booger Candy??
8 – 80 year old BOYS!
That’s who wants Booger Candy.
So, for all you Ladies out there that would never indulge in Booger Pop Tarts, here’s the perfect treat for the little booger in your life.
I started off with one pre-made pie crust and a box of Boogers.
Just to let you know, these are the boogers. They really weren’t as gross as I thought they might be.
I rolled out the pie crust and cut 6 rectangles.
Then I added the candy and topped them off. There are three different flavors in the box. Feel free to separate them or mix up the flavors.
Into a preheated 350 deg F oven for 15 minutes….
Only to realize that they oozed all over the place in about 10 minutes.
Hmmm…. What to do?
I scooped up those melted boogers and added them to the top of the pop tart.
If I had sealed the edges better and kept the candy on the INSIDE, I would have added a sugar glaze to the topping, but this worked out… somewhat.
The melted gummy candy took on more of a taffy consistency and was super sticky. I had to melt the gooey stuff off my cookie sheet with hot water to get it all off.
You know what would have been good to use? My Silpat!
I could use a smaller one and I’m hoping I win one on the Online BlogCon giveaway!
Are you planning on logging in for it?
Well, you gotta admit that the finished look really does look like someone hocked a huge loogie on the pop tarts.
Booger Pop Tarts
- 1 Box of Booger Candy
- 1 pre-made Pie Crust
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 -5 tsp milk
- Unroll one pre-made pie crust and roll to thin and stretch.
- Cut out 6 3×2 inch rectangles with a cutter or knife.
- Place 3 rectangles on a cookie sheet and add booger candy to center.
- Top with remaining rectangles and pinch sides closed.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 15 minutes watching for any candy oozing.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Mine oozed out of side, so I used the candy as the topping.
- Combine powdered sugar and milk and stir until smooth. Add green and/or yellow food coloring to make a “booger” color.
- Drizzle over pop tarts.
- Serve to your Little Boogers!