The other day, I offered to make my Little Cup some cookies and she requested Chocolate Chip.
What about these pretty cookies in the cook book? Nope – Chocolate Chip!
What about these pretty ones on the internet? Nope – Chocolate Chip!
There was no changing her mind. My Little Cup loves her Chocolate Chip Cookies.
So, I searched for another Chocolate Chip recipe in my Food Network Magazine that I found my Soft and Chewy Cookies in. Those turned out WONDERFUL, so I thought I would try a more cakey recipe.
These cookies use CAKE FLOUR and Cornstarch which help the cookies puff up instead of spread out.
See how TALL these cookies are??
Once you made the dough, you need to practice some self restraint and put it in the fridge overnight.
The next morning, you can roll your BIG BALLS (hee hee! yes, I’m a 12 year old boy).
+2 Inch dough balls. I used a full size ice cream scooper!
Watch the baking instructions! They are a bit involved with baking and cooling in the oven before removing them. I think it has to do with trapping the air bubbles inside the cookie.
These cookies were great out of the oven.
As I let them cool, they got firmer and firmer until they were really, really HARD.
So, I put two slices of bread into a plastic container with the cookies and the next morning, they were soft again! Thank goodness.
They were perfect for dipping into Milk! The little air pockets were great for holding the milk in the cookie allowing it to soften it up even more. If you like thicker, more cake-like cookies, give these a try. I think you’ll enjoy them as much as we did. Cakey Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe added to your shopping list.
- 3 3/4 C Cake Flour
- 2 Tbls Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Sticks Butter, softened
- 1 1/4 C Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 C Chocolate Chips
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Beat Butter in mixer until smooth. Add brown sugar until combined. Add granulated sugar until combined. Add eggs until combined. Slowly add in flour mixture until all is combined. Add chocolate chips by hand.
- Cover cookie dough with plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silicone mats. Measure out a HUGE 2 1/2 inch scoop of cookie dough per cookie.
- Bake approximately 20 minutes until the edges just turn golden. Turn the oven off and leave them IN THE OVEN for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on cookie sheets for 10 minutes before moving to a rack.
- Enjoy with a scoop of Ice Cream!