Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/candy-cane-cake/
© 2016 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Candy Cane Cake
Triple layer Dark Chocolate Cake with a Candy Cane crusted White Chocolate Frosting.
cup powdered sugar
cup heavy cream
ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled
cups crushed peppermint candies
Dark Chocolate Cakes
Candy Cane Platter
- Whisk the butter in a mixer on medium speed until smooth. Whisk in the salt and sugar on low. Add the cream and vanilla on low then increase to medium high and beat for 4 minutes until light and fluffy. Add in 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time to the butter if it seems thin.
- Transfer ¼ of the buttercream to a separate bowl. Stir in the white chocolate into the remaining frosting. Stir in ¾ cup of the crushed candies.
- Place a tablespoon of frosting onto a cake dish and place the Candy Cane Platter on top using the frosting as glue. Place your first layer of cake and add ¼ of the frosting to the cake. Top with the second cake and add ¼ of the frosting. Add the final layer and frost the entire cake.
- Very carefully use the remaining crushed candy to decorate the cake. Place the candy pieces in a large bowl, scoop up a handful and press it into the side. Continue to work around the cake covering all the sides and the top. Brush away any excess candy that doesn't stick.
- Take the frosting that you set aside and decorate the bottom edge and decorate as desired. I used a Wilton #2A tip to make the small design on the bottom and the top.