Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/cherry-cobbler/
© 2012 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
- 1 package (18 oz) Yellow Cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 packet yeast
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 2 eggs
- 2 cans (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup powered sugar, 2-4 teaspoons milk
- Measure 2 cups of the cake mix and combine with the flour and yeast.
- Add the water and stir. Add the eggs and stir. It will be a thick, sticky glob – just get it all blended together. Use the back of a spatula to flatten the mix into the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Add the 2 cans of cherry pie filling to the pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the cake mix with the butter and mash with a fork and then use your fingers to combine. Think about making biscuits – it kinda like that.
- Then sprinkle the butter mixture over the cherries and bake at 350 degree F for 40 – 45 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and make the glaze. Drizzle over the warm cake and serve!