Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/chocolate-picnic-cake/
© 2016 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Picnic Cake
An easy Chocolate Cake recipe that makes one delicious layer for a weeknight treat.
- 1 C flour
- 2/3 C sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 2/3 C milk
- 1/4 c butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- hand full of chocolate chips
- 1 C heavy cream, whipped
- 2 cups mixed berries, cut up
- chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, and cocoa powder in a bowl. Add in the milk, butter, egg and extract and mix until combined. Toss in a handful of chocolate chips.
- Grease and flour the 7-cup OXO SNAP container (or 1 8" cake pan). Pour the batter into the pan and add a few more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before covering up.
- Whip your heavy cream and add 1 tsp of melted gelatin to stabilize it. Adding the gelatin to the whipped cream will help it from separating in the heat. Store it in the 2 cup SNAP container.
- Cup up some strawberries, cherries, raspberries and blueberries and store them in the 5 cup SNAP container.
- Add some chocolate syrup to the OXO salad dressing shaker and pack up your cooler!
- Add some sprinkles to the 1 cup SNAP container.