Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/chocolate-shortbread-cookies/
© 2013 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
- 2 Cup Powered Sugar
- 1 1/2 C Butter
- 3 C Flour
- 3/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Stick Butter
- 1/2 C Shortening
- 1 Pound of Powered Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3-5 Tbls Milk
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
- Combine sugar and butter with a paddle attachment. Add in flour, cocoa and vanilla.
- Roll out half the dough to ½ inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut with a 2½ inch scalloped cookie cutter and place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes (mine took 15 minutes)
- Cool and make Chocolate Buttercream
- Beat butter and shortening until fluffy, add 1 cup of sugar at a time and 2 tablespoons of milk. Add in cocoa.
- Fit a piping bag with a Wilton 1M tip and fill bag with buttercream. Pipe flowers starting at the center of the cookie and going around to the edges.
- Serve to deserving guests with tea or espresso.
- Or, better yet, enjoy while playing Crazy Rummy with your grandparents!