Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/easy-holiday-caramels/
© 2014 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Easy Holiday Caramels
These easy Holiday Caramels are super easy to make and taste delicious! They are perfect for the holidays and make great gifts!
- 1/2 C butter
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 7 oz (weight – not volume) sweetened condensed milk (1/2 a 14 oz can)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Maldon Sea Salt
- optional Sprinkles, Graham Crackers, Nuts, Coconut, etc.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper that has been thoroughly coated with butter.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and milk into a thick bottomed pot. Cook over medium high heat until the butter is melted and the syrup is mixed together.
- Continually stir the mixture, reduce the heat to medium and use a Candy Thermometer to watch for the temperature to come up to “Soft Ball” or 235℉.
- Turn off the stove and continue to stir for another 2 minutes then add in the vanilla.
- Pour the caramel out over the parchment paper and sprinkle on the salt. Just a large pinch or two should do it. Sprinkle on any extra toppings you may want. I used star sprinkles for a holiday touch.
- Allow to cool and harden on the counter for several hours then cut into one inch rectangles. They will be soft and pliable, yet still hold their shape. Wrap the caramels in parchment paper pieces.