Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/ginger-snap-cookies-and-lime-sandwiches/
© 2012 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Soft Ginger Snap and Lime Cookies
- 3/4 C Butter
- 1 C Sugar
- 1/4 C molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 C Flour
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 4 oz. Crystallized Ginger, chopped up
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1/4 C Shortening
- 2 C Powered Sugar
- Zest of lime
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 2 tsp milk (as needed)
- Mix Butter, Sugar, Molasses and Egg.
- Add in dry ingredients and mix well.
- Let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Use cookie scoop to measure out 1 inch balls, roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Bake at 375 deg F for 8 – 10 minutes.
- They will puffy up during baking but deflate as they cool.
- The cookies get crunchy on the outside, but stay soft on the inside.
- Eat them up!
- Combine ingredients and mix well. Use as much lime to flavor for your preference.
- Add buttercream to one cookie and make a sandwich.
- Eat even MORE up!