Posted by Pint Sized Bakerhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/grilled-peaches-on-pound-cake/
© 2013 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
- 2 large, ripe peaches
- 4 slices of frozen pound cake
- 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1/4 C almond slivers
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Caramel Sauce for drizzling
- Vegetable oil
- Prepare your grill. Use indirect heat to cook your peaches.
- Cut peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush vegetable oil on the peach and place them cut side down on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes until peaches get soft and grill marks form.
- Place Pound Cake on the grill to toast.
- Flip Peaches onto their backs and grill for 5 minutes, still on indirect heat.
- In the kitchen, combine the rolled oats, almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small frypan. Cook on medium heat until the brown sugar starts to melt and coat the oats and almonds. Remove from heat.
- Serve the Pound Cake with Peach on top with a scoop if the sugared oats on top and then drizzle with caramel sauce.
- It’s the easiest peach cobbler and peach pie all rolled into one delicious dessert.