Posted by Pint Sized Bakerhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/halloween-peeps-cake/
© 2013 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
- 1 Cake Mix
- 1 Frosting
- 1 C Powdered Frosting
- 1 package of Grape Mike & Ikes
- 1 package Chocolate Mousse Peeps Cats
- 1 package Sugar Free Peeps Pumpkins
- 1 bag Mini Peeps
- Red Gel Food Coloring
- 1/2 C Melted Chocolate Chips
- Gather Peeps, Mike & Ikes, red food coloring, toothpicks, a sharp knife, sprinkles, melted chocolate and your imagination.
- For the Scratch Marks
- Add scratch marks using a toothpick dipped in the red gel food coloring and make scratches.
- For the Stab Wounds
- Cut a Mike & Ike candy into 4ths and use one to stab a Peep. Add some red food coloring to enhance the effect.
- For the Spiders and Bugs
- Take two Mike & Ike for the flying bug. Cut one in half and use the melted chocolate to adhere the wings and sprinkle eyes.
- Take three Mike & Ikes and cut two into quarters for the legs. Attach the 8 legs to the body with chocolate and add sprinkles for eyes.
- For the Cake
- Bake Cake according to the directions two 6 inch round pans. Use the remaining batter to make mini cupcakes. Bake as directed and cool.
- For the Frosting
- Remove the frosting from the container and mix with a cup of powdered sugar to thicken it. Frost the cake and cupcakes and top with zombie Peeps.