Did you enjoy your three day weekend??
We sure did.
I haven’t been feeling very good the past few days, but a little R&R seemed to have helped.
I took a few days to relax (no running), catch up on some shows (way too many) and bake a few easy vanilla cupcakes with my Little Cup.
Have you made baked goods with this Butter Vanilla Emulsion?
Oh my…. it added such a wonderful flavor to my vanilla cupcakes. You should try it in your next baked treat. Sugar Cookies, Cakes, Ice Cream, etc., etc.
So, my Little Cup and I played with some fondant.
I used to be afraid of fondant. I thought you had to be some certified cake decorator in order to work with it. So, last year, I took a Wilton’s Cake Decorating Class and got over my fear.
Turns out, fondant is really just edible play-doh.
Even my 6 year old could make some pumpkins with me.
I started with some white Marshmallow Fondant and just colored it.
We had some great bonding time making fun pumpkins together. We rolled pumpkins and pumpkin stems.
She had a lot of fun making these mini cupcake toppers.
And…. She knows her Mommy! She knew that I wanted to take some pictures, so she helped by drawing me a background picture.
Isn’t she the bestest Little Helper ever!
I love you Little Bug
- Pre-Made Fondant
- Orange Food Coloring
- Green Food Coloring
- 12 Mini Cupcakes
- Bake and Frost Mini Cupcakes.
- Take a half cup of fondant and add a few drops of orange food coloring and fold the fondant over and over blending in the orange.
- Roll little one inch pumpkins and indent the top.
- Tint a pinch of fondant green and roll into skinny ropes.
- Add ropes in different lengths to the top of the pumpkins.
- No need to be afraid of fondant. Get in there and play with it.
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!
This post was featured at: