Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/honey-maple-chicken-and-donuts/
© 2015 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Honey Maple Chicken and Donuts
You've heard of chicken and waffles, now you've got to try Honey Maple Chicken and Donuts. Homemade maple donuts and and drizzled with honey.
refrigerator Biscuits, canned
C vegetable oil
C powdered sugar
– 2 Tbsp maple syrup
Tysons Crispy Chicken Strips
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and prepare 8 chicken strips on a bake sheet. Bake chicken strips according to the instructions.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oil in a medium sized pot. The oil is ready when it sizzles when water is splashed on it, approximately 350℉.
- Open the canned biscuit and cut a hole in the center with a small cutter or just making a hole with your fingers and pulling it open.
- Cook 1 – 2 donuts at a time depending on the size of your pot. Fry for 30 seconds then flip over and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Remove with a slotted spatchula and transfer to a cooling rack with a paper towel underneath. Fry up all the biscuits and holes.
In a bowl mix together the powdered sugar, milk, and maple syrup. Stir it smooth and microwave for 10 seconds. Stir again checking the consistency and then heat again for another 10 seconds.
- Dip the donut tops into the maple sugar and
glaze just one side. Return to the drying rack to dip.
- When the chicken is done, top with the fresh chicken strip and drizzle on some honey.
- Enjoy it with an apple for a balanced meal!