Learn how to make these Hot Cocoa Bombs from scratch. Have fun preparing a decadent treat that melts in a glass of hot milk to create the perfect cup of hot chocolate – flavored with caramel – you have ever tasted.
Are you feeling like you’re in the mood for chocolate? If you are in the mood to make something delicious, follow this recipe to make Hot Cocoa Bombs flavored with caramel. You will use caramel candy melts, almond bark, and hot cocoa mix to prepare these tasty treats.
You may have recently heard of others preparing and using hot chocolate bombs. They are increasing in popularity, and now you can start making them in your kitchen instead. Prepare these treats for yourself or others to enjoy a custom cup of the hot cocoa mix that tastes excellent.
What Are Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs?
The Caramel Hot Cocoa Bombs are a tasty treat that you can prepare at home. You make the bombs using almond bark, hot cocoa mix, and marshmallows. After preparing the mold and putting the contents inside them, you can add your chocolate bombs to a hot cup of water or milk. Once the chocolate bomb melts into the liquid, it turns into the perfect cup of hot chocolate. Mix with your spoon for a few seconds and take the first sip for an enjoyable experience.
Why Make This Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe?
Making Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs is a great idea. You do not need a lot of ingredients or supplies to prepare them. The process of preparing these hot chocolate bombs is simple. You melt the almond bark, add it to the silicone molds, and pour your contents into one of the chocolate shells. You can then stick the shells together using a paintbrush and extra melting chocolate to create the perfect Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs.
If you like having a cup of hot chocolate each day, this is a convenient way to prepare it. You can add it to your hot liquid and enjoy a fresh cup of it within minutes. Besides drinking it yourself, you can make the Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs for others. These treats are great to give as a gift to other people. Both adults and children love the chocolate bombs. Everyone loves watching them “explode”!
The Ingredients You Need to Have to Make the Hot Cocoa Bombs
When learning how to make Hot Chocolate Bombs, you will need to have these four essential ingredients:
- Chocolate Almond Bark or Candy Melts. Use almond bark or chocolate candy melts as your melting chocolate because it melts with ease and tastes excellent.
- Caramel Candy Melts. Add caramel candy melts if you want a chocolate caramel flavor.
- Mini Marshmallows. You will add mini marshmallows to your bombs with the hot chocolate mix. And of course, add a few extras once the hot chocolate is ready to drink.
- Hot Cocoa Mix. Select the brand of hot cocoa mix that you like best to use in these chocolate bombs.
Two optional ingredients include coarse sea salt and sprinkles. You can use any sprinkles you want.
Essential Supplies to Use When Preparing Caramel Hot Cocoa Bombs Recipe
If you want to make the Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs, you need a few items to make the process easier. Those items include:
- Dome Silicone Molds. The silicone molds will help you create the perfect shape for each hot chocolate bomb.
- Paintbrush. You will need a paintbrush to apply the chocolate evenly around the mold carefully.
- Plastic Squeeze Bottle. You can add chocolate to the plastic squeeze bottle when adding to your molds and decorating your bombs.
You do not need too many items to prepare the Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs. If you do not already have the supplies, you can find them at local craft stores.
Which Chocolates Are Best to Use For Melting?
While you can use any melting chocolate, almond bark is best to use. It is much easier to melt down than traditional melting chocolate. If you use it, you can avoid dealing with clumps of chocolate that do not get smooth enough for you. It does not matter the brand you choose. Several great brands of almond bark are available in different flavors, including milk, dark, and white chocolate.
How to Store the Hot Chocolate Bombs with Marshmallows
After putting your Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs together, store them in a container. Make sure the container you use has a lid that you can attach to it without causing damage to the Caramel Hot Chocolate Bombs. Although you can leave the bombs in the container in your pantry or on the kitchen table, it is best to refrigerate them for freshness. If you plan to give the chocolate bombs out as gifts, you can place them in individual cardboard gift boxes.
Other flavors of hot chocolate bombs?? Try making them Bailey’s, or tequila. Add in some peppermint or creme brulee to flavor them up. And don’t forget to decorate them! What about Mickey, the Grinch, a Unicorn, or a snowman. The kids are gonna love those!
Not into the hassle? Here’s some great hot cocoa recipes for ya!
- Chocolate Almond Bark or Candy Melts
- Caramel Candy Melts
- Mini Marshmallows
- Hot Cocoa Mix
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Dome Silicone Molds
- Plastic squeeze bottle
- Add almond bark or candy melts to a small microwave-safe bowl, heat for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating for 10-20 seconds at a time until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Spoon a small amount of chocolate into the mold.
- Using the paintbrush spread the chocolate evenly around the mold, making sure to get all the way up to the edges.
- Allow chocolate to harden and repeat layering on more chocolate until you have done about 3-4 layers.
- Allow chocolate to completely harden in the fridge for 5 minutes then gently remove each hemisphere from the mold.
- Heat a microwave-safe plate in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, remove.
- Place one-half of the chocolate shells, open side down, onto the plate to melt the rim.
- Remove and fill with 2 teaspoons of hot cocoa mix and mini marshmallows.
- Melt the rim of the second half of the chocolate shells.
- Quickly place the two open ends together and smooth out any extra chocolate around the seam.
- Set aside and allow to dry 5-10 minutes then decorate.
- Place in a mug and pour hot milk over the top to melt and reveal the hot chocolate mix and marshmallows.
- To get the marbled effect, swirl in melted candy melts with the melted almond bark using a toothpick or paintbrush.
- Add a small amount of caramel candy melts to a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, stir and continue heating for 10-20 seconds at a time until chocolate is almost melted. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Transfer to a plastic squeeze bottle and swirl melted caramel over bombs.
- Add coarse sea salt or sprinkles for decoration if you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.