Posted by Pint Sized Bakerhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/mini-cherry-pies/
© 2013 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
(2 mini pies)
- 1/4 – 1/3 C Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbls Cornstarch
- 1 can OregoN Red Tart Cherries + 1/2 can of juice
- 1/8 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 Tbls Butter
- 1 Premade Pie Crust
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Roll, cut and add pie crusts to two mini pie pans. Set aside.
- Drain Cherries and reserve the juice.
- Add the cherry juice, cornstarch and sugar to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat. Stir constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat and add in almond extract and cherries.
- Add to prepared pie tins and dot with butter.
- I made little cherry decorations for the top, decorate as desired with excess crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until crusts are brown and filling is bubbling.
- Cool pies and serve with a scoop of ice cream.