Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/nectarine-raspberry-hand-pies/
© 2012 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Nectarine Raspberry Hand Pies
- 1 medium Nectarine
- 1/4 C Raspberries
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 sheet Frozen Puff Pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400 deg F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Slice nectarine into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place Nectarines and Raspberries in a bowl and toss with sugar. Allow to sit while Puff Pastry is defrosting.
- Cut Pastry into 4 squares.
- Whisk egg with a teaspoon of water to create and egg wash and paint egg wash around edges of the pastry.
- Add 1/4 cup of the fruit to a corner of the pastry square, then fold pastry over to create a triangle.
- Using a fork, pinch the seams closed.
- Coat with egg wash and sprinkle some sugar on top.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes. Rotate pan if necessary half way though.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then serve to you hungry family!
- If desired, make a sugar glaze with 1/2 cup powered sugar and 2 tsp of milk. Stir until smooth and drizzle over pies.