Ok, seriously?? What is it with me and PINK FOOD??
I swear, all through Christmas I had pink recipes.
I even made Pink Popcorn!
So now I give you Pink Macaroons!
I was in love with idea to make totally girly cookies that would be great for a girls party.
What is more girly than Pink chocolate, Sprinkles, and jumbo pearl sprinkles?
I think that these are just too cute!
By the way, I got the “Celebration Pearl” Sprinkles at Hobby Lobby. I was looking for a link to show you, but I can’t find one.
THIS is the closest I could find, but they don’t have this rainbow collection.
Anyway, check out your local Craft Store. These are hard sugar candy pearls, not soft sprinkles or Sixlets. They did melt slightly, so be careful handling them while they are hot.
Pink Sprinkle Macaroons (recipe adapted from HERE)
Recipe added to your shopping list.
- 3 C Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2/3 C Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 1 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Pink Candy Melts
- Rainbow Jimmies or Sprinkles
- “Celebration Pearls” Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- In a stand mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Place coconut, almond extract and salt into a bowl and mix with a fork. Add in condensed milk and coat all the coconut.
- Fold egg whites into the coconut mixture. Add in “Celebration Pearl” Sprinkles.
- Using a 1 tablespoon Cookie scoop,
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut, almond extract, and salt. Mix in condensed milk to form a thick paste. Fold in egg whites with cream of tarter. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt Pink Candy Melts according to the directions on the bag. Dip the bottom of the macaroon into the candy and shake off any excess. Dip into jimmies or sprinkles and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
I link up at THESE GREAT parties!