Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/smoky-chocolate-cake/
© 2015 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 12 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 C cocoa powder
- 1/4 C Smoked Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 C cream
- 3/4 C milk
- 1/4 C Whisky
- Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare two 8-inch round pans with nonstick spray and parchment.
- Melt the smoked chocolate chips by heating the cream and pouring it over the chips. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then whisk smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat the butter on medium-high speed until smooth. Gradually add in the sugar and beat for 5 minutes. Add the eggs and and beat until completely incorporated.
- Add in the melted chocolate and then turn the mixer to slow. Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa and slowly add it into the butter alternating with the milk and whisky.
- Divide the batter between the two pans and bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes then turn the cakes out to cool on wire rack.