Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/sweet-flowers-cake-pops/
© 2015 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Sweet Flowers Cake Pops
Easy cake pops that are decorated with fondant flowers. Serve these Sweet Flowers Cake Pops for your next garden party. Everyone will be impressed!
Inactive Time: Total Time:
of a 9 x 13 cake
Wilton Dark Candy Cocoa Melts
Fondant, two colors
Gold Pearl Dust
Wilton Silver Sugar Pearls
Medium Wilton Flower Cookie Cutter
Small flower cutter
Wilton Ball Tool
Wilton Fondant Shaping Foam
Wilton Clear Vanilla Extract
To Make the Flowers
- Take a plastic mat and add a layer of shortening over it. Take a golf ball sized amount of one color. Roll it out thin and cut 12 small flowers out. Using a shaping mat, use your ball tool to press out the flower and make the edges smooth and start to curl. Place them on to a form so that they dry in a inverted dome shape.
- Repeat with the second color using the medium sized cutter.
- Dry the flowers overnight.
- The flowers should be dry, yet still slightly pliable when warmed with your fingertips, so be careful while handling them.
- Place the smaller flower inside the larger flower. Use a drop of the Clear Vanilla to make the two stick together.
- Mix a drop of the clear vanilla with some pearl dust and paint it on the flowers. Place a drop in the center of the flower and add your three silver sugar pearls.
- Let the flowers dry while you make your cake pops.
To Make the Cake Pops
- You will need to bake your favorite cake in a a 9 x 13 baking dish and plan to use just 1/4 of it. You can freeze the rest of the cake or make more pops with the rest of it. Take the 1/4 cake and add 2 tablespoons of frosting to it and mush it all up. I like to put them into my stand mixer and let that do the work. You can also use your food processor if you'd like. Last resort is to have your kids wash their hands and go to town on the cake and frosting. Either method you choose, you want your batter to end up with a consistency of play-doh.
- Use a tablespoon or cookie scoop to measure out 12 equal sized balls. You can also weigh them out at 3 ounces each. Roll them smooth in the palms of your hands and place them on a cookie sheet lines with wax paper.
- Melt your Wilton Cocoa Melts. I place them into a large ceramic mug and microwave them for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir then microwave again at 70% power and 40 seconds. Stir until it's completely melted and smooth.
- Dip your lollipop stick into the chocolate then insert it half way into the pop. Dip the pop completely and attach the flower. You'll have to hold the flower in place until the cocoa dries.
- Stand up the complete and dry pops in a small vase with crinkle paper to help support them.