Posted by Karyn Granrudhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/whipped-mocha-tart/
© 2014 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Whipped Mocha Tart
This Mocha Meringue Tart is full of coffee flavor and sweet caramel with a delicious cookie crust.
- 1 recipe of Caramel
- 1 prepared Tart Crust
For the Mousse
- 5 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules (reduce to your flavor needs)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the chopped chocolate into a large glass bowl.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream and coffee just until it scalds. You'll know it's ready when tiny bubble start to form around the edges. Do not let it boil.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it sit for 5 minutes to allow for the chocolate to melt. Whisk the mixture until it is smooth and add in the salt.
- Strain through a mesh into a bowl, cover, and refrigerate over night. It's very important that the cream is cold again or it will not whip correctly.
- You can store this in the fridge up to three days if you are preparing this a few days in advanced.
- Remove the tart shell from the pan and carefully remove the bottom. Place it on a serving platter.
- Evenly spread ¾ of the caramel into the bottom of the shell.
- Use your whisk attachment to whip the cold chocolate cream. Whip on medium speed until it hold soft peaks. Transfer the mousse to the tart, spreading it over the caramel.
- Drizzle the remaining caramel over the mousse then add some chocolate shavings over top.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- The tart shell did soften 24 hours later and no longer held its shape. It's best to enjoy this completely the day it was made.