Posted by Pint Sized Bakerhttps://pintsizedbaker.com/wlw-coconut-flour-chocolate-pancakes/
© 2013 Pint Sized Baker. All rights reserved.
Coconut Flour and Chocoalte Pancakes
- 1/3 C Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbls Cocoa Powder
- 5 Eggs, separated
- 1/3 C Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/4 C Coconut oil, melted (or regular butter)
- 2 Tbls Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Almond Extract
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 C Mini Chocolate Chips
- Heat your Griddle or pan to 350 (medium – high heat).
- Beat the egg yolks, milk, oil, syrup, extract and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine your dry ingredients and add them to your egg yolk mixture. It will get thick.
- Place your egg white into a mixing bowl and whip until they have soft peaks. Fold the flour / egg mixture into the egg white in three increments.
- Finally add in the chocolate chips.
- Use some coconut oil to grease the griddle and use an ice cream scooper to measure out a 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook and flip when the sides are firm and bubbles start to form on the top.
- Enjoy with a sprinkling of dried coconut and some fresh fruit.