I think that these Stain Glass Cookies look so pretty and are so easy to make! The candy in the centers and the sugar cookies taste so good!
Stain Glass Sugar Cookies
For these fun Christmas Cookies, all you need is a yummy sugar cookie recipe and some hard candies like Jolly Rancher’s. Cut out your shaped and cut a center design out. Place the try of cut out cookies into the freezer and crush your candies. Fill the center area with your crushed candy and bake your cookies as directed. Be careful when removing them from the oven. If you try to remove them too soon, the soft centers will pull away and if you wait too long, they could get stuck on the cookie sheet.
The kids love to make these beautiful cookies. The colors are always so pretty.
Princess E's Stain Glass Cookies
- Your favorite Sugar Cookie dough. It can be from a bag, a tube, or from scratch. The easier the better.
- Hard Candies in various colors
- Roll out our cookie dough on a floured surface and cut your shapes out. Place them on a cookie sheet and pop that into the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and use a straw to make the small hole for a ribbon and the fat end of a piping tip to cur out a 1" circle from the center of the cookie.
- Smash up your hard candies and carefully fill in the center hole with the candy shards.
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 12 minutes.
- Let them sit on the cookie sheet to cool and the candy to harden. If you can’t get a spatula under the cookies then wait until they are completely cooled and peel them off. That melted candy can be sticky!
- Decorate with additional cookie icing and sprinkles if desired.
- Hand them in the windows for a pretty sun-catcher effect!
by Karyn Granrud
Fore more Christmas sugar cookies, check out these.