The holidays are all about Red and Green – so make some all natural Cranberry and Pistachio Sugar Cookies for your gift giving treats!
Cranberry and Pistachio Cookies
It’s time again for the Great Food Bloggers Cookie Swap! This is my second year participating and I was thrilled to be able to send my recipients some of these Cranberry and Pistachio Sugar Cookies that I made for Dixie Crystals.
These cookies are perfect for taking a midday break from shopping, wrapping, cooking, baking, and telling the kids to clean up for the 10th time! Enjoy a hot cup of coffee and relax for a 15 minute Mommy Time-out.
Or have a girlfriend over to catch up with, laugh, and enjoy a grown up sugar cookie. No sprinkles or tons of sugar glaze, just the sweet flavor of the cranberries and the pistachios to savor.This is the 4th annual Cookie Swap which raises money and awareness for Cookies for Kids Cancer. I love helping out this great cause and I love receiving cookies, so how could I not participate?
I’m still waiting for the total raised for the foundation, but each participant donated $4 and OXO, Dixie Crystals, California Olive Ranch, and Sheila G’s Brownie Brittle are each matching the bloggers donations. That could be as much as $15,000 for Cookies for Kids Cancer, which is amazing!
I hope that my blogger friends, Kristen, Erica, and Jenn liked the cookies! I got cookies from my blogger friends Shinee and Megan.
If you are looking to donate to a great charity this holiday season, look at Cookies for Kids’ Cancer.
To get the recipes for these Cranberry and Pistachio Sugar Cookies, go to the Imperial Sugar website.
Cranberry and Pistachio Holiday Sugar Cookies
Easy drop cookies are perfect for the holidays. These are also perfect for freezing.
- 1 1/2 cups Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 3/4 cup cranberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup (for rolling) Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and prepare two cookies sheets with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Cream powdered sugar and butter. Add in vanilla extract and egg followed by the flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Chop pistachios in a food processor. They should be irregular shapes with some chunks. Reserve a tablespoon of nuts for the topping.
- Cut cranberries in half or thirds depending on the size of the cranberry. Place cranberries into a baggie and toss in a teaspoon of flour to coat them. Hand stir in pistachios and cranberries.
- Measure out one tablespoon of batter with a cookie scoop and roll smooth. Roll dough ball in granulated sugar, then press into reserved pistachio bits. Place on a cookie sheet and flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes. Tops will still be soft, but edges should start to brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for two minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.