Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
I know y’all love thick and chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies!
What makes them even better are Macadamia Nuts that have been hand carried all the way back from Hawaii!
Well, maybe not hand carried directly… more like lugged around in a suitcase… but I think you get my drift.
These were super good cookies with and without the nuts and coconut. Can you believe that Mr. Quart does not like coconut? What the heck? I know, right??
So when I made these I had my obligatory one three and had to get them OUT OF THE HOUSE!
So I took ’em to Boot Camp! Lol!
I’m sure the ladies loved them as an after workout refueling treat.
I know I’m horrible!
I hope that you make them and appreciate them. And that your family appreciates YOU for having made them.
BTW – you can omit the mac nuts and coconut if you are like my family and are pure chocolate chip cookies enthusiasts.
- 10 1/2 oz Flour
- 1/2 tps Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 12 Tbls Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 C Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 C Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Macadamia Nuts
- 1 C Shredded Coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F.
- Use your paddle attachment in your mixer and cream butter and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add in dry ingredients and mix on low until incorporated.
- Stir in chips, nuts, and coconut by hand.
- Measure out 2 Tbls of batter per cookie and place it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment or a silicone mat.
- To get beautifully topped, bakery looking cookies here’s a tip – roll the cookie dough smooth, pull it apart in half, point the “ripped” centers up and reattach the two halves. Do not smooth again. Leave it alone.
- Bake for 15 minutes watching not to burn.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on the pan then move to a cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612Total Fat: 35gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 330mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 4gSugar: 45gProtein: 7g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.