My Daughter Graduated from Kindergarten this past Friday. I am so proud of her. She has been home 4 days straight and she’s driving me CRAZY!!!
Once your batter is made, you can let it sit in the fridge for an hour, but overnight is best.
As I was baking them, I remembered this post and decided to give it a try.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-3/4 C Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 1/2 sticks Butter
- 1 3/4 C Dark Brown Sugar – packed
- 1/4 C Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 C Chocolate Chips
- Mix the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time then add vanilla. Reduce the mixer speed to low and mix in the flour mixture until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in the fridge for at least an hour, but overnight is best.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg F and line cookie sheets with a baking mat. I used a cookie scoop to measure out the batter and left them as balls. I tried a batch that was slightly flattened, and the rounded ones looked better.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until the edges are golden and the middles are still soft. Let cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 8 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.