This Charlotte is made with strawberries and donuts and filled with a strawberry mousse. Enjoy serving this Strawberry and Donut Charlotte Mousse Dessert to your friends and family.
Strawberry and Donut Charlotte Mousse Dessert
My word for the year is EASY! I’ve come to the conclusion that life is hard enough, and dessert should NOT be difficult. I need more EASY recipes in my life and this Charlotte Mousse is just the sort of dessert I’m talking about!
A few months ago, Little Debbie asked if I was interested in trying their new mini-frosted chocolate donuts. Who am I to say no? They asked for nothing in return, but I decided to have fun with them and used them as a “crust” for this Charlotte.
A traditional Charlotte uses Ladyfingers to go around the dessert – I went with a fun twist of donuts and strawberries instead.
Don’t ya just LOVE it? I know I sure do!
For this easy filling I decided to make a strawberry Marshmallow Mousse. Did you know you can get strawberry marshmallow fluff? Well, keep an eye out because you can!
As you are making the marshmallow mousse filling, take a taste of it. If you want more strawberry flavor add a 1/4 teaspoon of strawberry extract to give it a little extra punch. I also noticed that once the Cool Whip was added the color faded a lot so I added a touch of pink food coloring.
As you can see, it was just a touch. Nothing drastic.
This easy technique can be done with a no-bake cheesecake filling as well.
Or you can get extra fancy and make it with custard. Mmmm! Both sound good to me.
Take it from me, the marvelous Miss. Easy, this Charlotte dessert is gonna be great! Prep it in the morning and it’s set up ready to serve after dinner.
Take it to a pot luck at the office, to church or bring it to a friend to cheer them up. Donuts make everyone smile!
Thanks again to Little Debbie for sending us a box of donuts to try out! This post is not sponsored by Little Debbie, I was inspired by their generosity and wanted to create something sweet.
For similar desserts, check out these:
Time to make the Donuts – Round up of Donut Recipes
- 1 - 2 bags Little Debbie Mini-Frosted Chocolate Donuts
- 1 pint strawberries
- 3 oz. white chocolate
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar (7 oz.) Strawberry Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2 1/2 C Cool Whip topping, divided
- pink food coloring *optional
- Line the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper and attach the sides around it.
- Melt your white chocolate and set aside to cool slightly.
- Slice donuts in half horizontally and place them cake side down on to form the base of the Charlotte.
- Hull core the strawberries and slice in half from top to bottom. Alternate a whole donut and a strawberry slice, with the cut side in, around the perimeter of the pan.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add white chocolate and strawberry marshmallow fluff; beat until well blended. Gently stir in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Taste test to see if the strawberry extract is needed. Add in food coloring if desired for a brighter pink color.
- Transfer the marshmallow mousse to the prepared springform pan and top with the remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
Recipe adapted from Kraft
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 149Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g