Prepare a delicious treat that you can have for breakfast or a snack. These Oatmeal Fudge Bars are full of flavor and will satisfy your chocolate craving.
Oatmeal Fudge Bar Recipe
If you like both chocolate and oatmeal, you will love this recipe for Oatmeal Fudge Bars. These bars are wholesome, delicious, and they will keep you feeling full. They are great to take with you when you want to have a delicious breakfast on the go. Besides eating these bars as a breakfast treat, you can have them as a quick snack between different meals. If you need something to hold you over between lunch and dinner, have one of these bars! You will not be disappointed.
The Ingredients You’ll Need to Make the Bars
When preparing the Oatmeal Fudge Bars, you need to have these important ingredients in the kitchen:
- Quick Oats. Use the quick oats to mix in with other ingredients for the perfect texture and taste.
- Light Brown Sugar. Add light brown sugar for a sweeter taste.
- Flour. You will need to mix flour in with your quick oats and other ingredients.
- Baking Soda. The baking soda helps the bars bake perfectly without becoming too dry or crunchy.
- Butter. Melt and cool your butter before you use it.
You should also have salt and baking powder for the crust and topping. When preparing the fudgy layer that you will add to the Oatmeal Fudge Bars, you need to have more flour, light brown sugar, butter, and salt, along with these ingredients:
- Instant Coffee Granules. Use any brand of instant coffee granules. You will need at least two teaspoons of them.
- Chocolate Chips. Like the coffee granules, you can use any brand of chocolate chips.
- Egg. You will mix the egg with the other ingredients, including the sugar and flour to create the fudgy layer.
If you have the essential ingredients, you can start preparing the oatmeal and the fudgy layer to put these Oatmeal Fudge Bars together.
Ways to Store the Oatmeal Bars
You can store your Oatmeal Fudge Bars in different types of containers. When using a large food storage container, place parchment paper inside the container. After you put the parchment paper down, you can place the fudge bars on top, leaving a bit of space between them. Make sure to cover the container with an airtight lid. You do not need to keep these bars in the fridge. You can store them on the kitchen table or in a cabinet in your kitchen.
Can You Freeze the Bars?
If you want your Oatmeal Fudge Bars to last longer, you can put them in the freezer. While they will stay good in a food storage container for at least a week, you can keep them fresher for a little while longer by storing them in the freezer. Your bars will stay good in the freezer for up to three months. You can allow them to thaw out on the kitchen table when you want to eat them.
Other Tasty Ingredients to Include in the Recipe for Oatmeal Fudge Bars
You can follow the recipe while adding a few extra ingredients to make these bars even more unique. While making your fudgy layer, consider adding some chopped peanuts or walnuts into the mixture. You might also want to add mini chopped marshmallows, shredded coconut, and other types of candy chips. For example, you may want to use caramel chips or mint chocolate chips to create a slightly different taste for some of the Oatmeal Fudge Bars. You can also add different toppings to your fudge bars.
What to Do With Your Fudge Bars After You Make Them
You can make the Oatmeal Fudge Bars for yourself and your family to enjoy throughout the week. Your children may enjoy these bars so much that they start requesting them from you on a weekly basis.
While they are great to make and serve to the family, you can also prepare these treats for various occasions. If you are having a celebration and inviting guests over for some finger foods, these fudge bars are an excellent choice to offer. You can even wrap the individual bars in plastic wrap, put a ribbon around them, and give them out as gifts to loved ones.
For more yummy bars, check out these treats
For the Crust and topping
- 1 C Quick Oats
- 1 C Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 C Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 8 Tbls butter - melted and cooled
For the Fudgy Layer
- 1 1/2 C Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 C Flour
- 1/4 C Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/4 tsp Salt
For the Oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F and line an 8x8 baking dish with 2 pieces of foil to form a sling in the pan.
- With a fork, mix together the oats, brown sugar, flour, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- Add in the melted butter and mix until evenly combined. Reserve a loose cup for the topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into the pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour.
For the Fudgy Layer
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds. Let the chocolate cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the egg.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, coffee granules, and salt in a bowl. Stir chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Spread the chocolate filling over the cooled crust and smooth it with a spatula. Sprinkle with the reserved oats and press into the chocolate. Bake at 325F for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let cool for two hours. Remove from the pan lifting on the foil, cut into squares and ENJOY!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.