Oatmeal Fudge Bars
When I was going through my Cooks Country Chocolate Desserts Magazine, I knew I was going to make this recipe. It looked so good and easy and I had all of the ingredients that I needed, so, when I made them, I was not disappointed. And neither were the other parents and kids who enjoyed these crispy, oatmeal fudge bars.
- 1 C Quick Oats
- 1 C Light Brown Sugar
- ¾ C Flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 8 Tbls butter - melted and cooled
- ¼ C Flour
- ¼ C Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee Granulars
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1½ C Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp Butter
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 325 deg F and line an 8x8 baking dish with 2 pieces of foil to form a sling in the pan.
- With a fork, mix the dry ingredients and add in the melted butter. Reserve a loose cup for the topping.
- Press the remaining mixture into the pan and bake for 8 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Melt butter and chocolate chips in the microwave for 45 seconds. Let the chocolate cool and whisk in the egg. Stir chocolate mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Spread filling over the cooled crust and smooth. Sprinkle with the reserved oats and press into the chocolate. Bake at 325F for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Let cool for two hours. Remove from the pan lifting on the foil, cut into squares and ENJOY!!
I loved all the extra crumbs that flaked off! They were so tasty! I was gobbling them up while cutting them. I think it would be great to just make the crust on a cookie sheet and break it up as an ice cream topping!
What a great dessert these bars were. I took them to a pot luck and shared them with some hungry kiddos who gobbled up these bars and loved every bite. I hope that you make them and love them as much as we did!
For more yummy bars, check out these treats