This is one classic recipe that everyone loves. Seven Layer Magic Coconut Bars are quick to make, easy, and always satisfying!
Seven Layer Magic Coconut Bars
Yes, I turned my oven on and I loved the result. I made an amazing batch of ooey gooey seven layer magic coconut bars and then I proceeded to inhale most of it! These bars are loaded with chocolate and coconut – I guess you could say these are the equivalent to a Mounds Bar in a pan. I seriously loved them!
I used Coconut Cookies for the crust, but if you don’t have any on hand, don’t worry. You can always use graham crackers instead. Really any crunchy cookie base would work.
I highly recommend a liberal application of nonstick cooking spray or a good layer of shortening on the bottom of the pan. The sweetened condensed milk makes things very sticky and there were spots that stuck pretty good to my foil. They weren’t the prettiest slices, but they sure did taste wonderful!
There are many variations on seven layer bars or magic bars. Try different candies, fillings, and flavors in your bars. Try raspberry, s’moreo, or even mint m&m. Everyone’s gonna love these bars!
Here’s a few more delicious Bar Recipes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 oz coconut cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips with caramel centers
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9×13 baking pan with parchment up and over the sides. Fold or cut into the corners to make it fit square. Spray the parchment with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toast the coconut flakes either on the stove top or in a toaster. I prefer stove top method so I can watch it closer and don’t burn it. Set aside when 50% is browned.
- Melt your butter in the microwave then add the crushed coconut cookies and stir to combine. Press into the prepared pan. Sprinkle on the walnuts, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and toasted coconut. Cover with the sweetened condensed milk and then the caramel chocolates.
- Bake for 25 minutes and cool on a wire rack for several hours until at room temperature.
- Remove from the pan using the parchment paper “handles”, cut into large 2×3 inch bars and enjoy!