These raspberry walnut cookie bars have a great shortbread crust with a crispy, walnut topping that sandwiches the sweet raspberry jam.
Homemade Raspberry Walnut Bars
I was in the mood for something sweet and easy over the weekend. I didn’t want to spend a long time baking or cleaning, so I whipped up some homemade Raspberry Walnut Bars to satisfy my sweet tooth craving.
These are so quick and easy to make and they are so yummy. I know that you will enjoy them as much as I did.
These cookie bars have a great shortbread crust with a crispy, walnut topping that sandwiches the sweet raspberry jam. You just need one bowl and a few basic ingredients that you should have in your pantry.
You can swap out the raspberry jam for any flavor that you want. I happened to use raspberry because I sent my husband to the grocery store for strawberry jam. I guess because they both have red labels, he just grabbed the first “seedless” jam he saw.
So, now I have a jar of raspberry jam that my kid won’t eat. I’ll probably be making more treats with the raspberry jam. I’m the only one who likes it, so I may as well enjoy it.
I hope that you like it too 🙂
For more cookie bar treats, check out these:
For the crust
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
For the topping
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix together the flour and sugar and cut in the butter with two forks until crumbly. Press into a greased 8-inch square pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 for 20 – 25 minutes. The edges should be light brown.
- Remove from the oven and spread the jam over the hot crust.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the flour and baking soda until combined. Add in the walnuts. Spoon over the jam.
- Bake for 17 – 20 minutes until golden and set. Cool completely.
- Cut into 2-inch squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.