Homemade Raspberry Walnut Bars
I was in the mood for something sweet and easy over the weekend. I didn’t want to spend a long time baking or cleaning, so I whipped up some homemade Raspberry Walnut Bars to satisfy my sweet tooth craving. This are so quick and easy to make and once they cool down, they are so yummy. I know that you will enjoy them as much as I did.
Raspberry Walnut Bars
- 1 1/4 C Flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C raspberry jam
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 C chopped walnuts
- Mix together the flour and sugar and cut in the butter with two forks until crumbly. Press into a greased 8in square pan lined with foil. Bake at 350 for 20 - 25 minutes. The edges should be light brown.
- Remove from oven and spread the jam over the hot crust.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Mix in the flour and baking soda until combined. Add in the walnuts. Spoon over the jam.
- Bake for 17 - 20 minutes until golden and set. Cool completely.
- Cut into 3 inch squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These cookie bars have a great shortbread crust with a crispy, walnut topping that sandwiches the sweet raspberry jam. You just need one bowl and a few basic ingredients that you should have in your pantry.
You can swap out the raspberry jam for any flavor that you want. I happened to use raspberry because I sent my husband to the grocery store for strawberry jam. I guess because they are both bed he just grabbed the first one he saw. So, now I have a jar of raspberry jam that my kid won’t eat. I’ll probably be making more treats with the raspberry jam. I’m the only one who likes it, so I may as well enjoy it.
I hope that you like it too 🙂
For more shortbread bar treats, check out these
Strawberries and Cream Cookie Crumble Bars