I love a good, homemade pudding. Taking the time to cook pudding on the stove top is just so soothing and the results are just so much better than the 5 minute mixes.
The stove top method is also great because you know exactly what is going into your pudding. For this recipe, it’s butter, sugar, eggs, and coconut milk. Nothing fake.
This could be such an easy and festive treat for the holidays. Add some Sugared Citrus Peel or some Crystallized Cranberries. Mix it with some Lemon Curd for a little lemon coconut flair. Fill some cupcakes or spread it on some sweet bread.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut milk, in the can not the carton
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Beat the butter and sugar in your stand mixer until light and fluffy. Add in one egg at a time, then add in coconut milk until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour this into a heavy bottom pot and mix in the vanilla bean paste. Stir mixture frequently until temperature reaches approximately 170 degrees and the mixture begins to thicken. It will coat your wooden spoon and leave an edge when you drag your finger though it.
- Transfer the pudding to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap to prevent a skin, and let cool in fridge.
- Serve in individual dishes or store it the fridge until ready to fill your cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 264Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.