Donuts don’t get much easier than this! The kids are gonna be begging you to make them these Super Easy Biscuit Donuts every weekend!
Super Easy Biscuit Donuts
My mama used to make these donuts for me 40 years ago! Thanks to the help of Pillsbury Biscuits in a tube, they are so quick and easy to make that you’ll be done before your coffee is ready.
I remember making them as a kid for “Special Weekends”. Honestly, I don’t know why there needs to be a specail reason to make these.
They are ready in no time.
They take next to nothing for effort.
They deliver smiles all around!
Get the kids to decorate the donuts
Grab those kids and put them to work! They can easily make the sugar glaze and sprinkle on ALL the sprinkles.
I’m sure I don’t need to say this… but just in case… don’t let the kids near the hot oil! You need to be careful around that oil too. It’s HOT!! Getting a 350 degree oil burn will result in a trip to the ER.
I don’t know about you, but I’d rather have a dozen of these donuts instead of ones that have been sitting on a shelf for a few hours or days. These are great for the whole family, so just enjoy them.
Serve with some fresh fruit, maybe some scrambled eggs and bacon if you’re concerned with a balanced diet.
But trust me – your kids are going to LOVE THEM!!
For the Donuts
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- Vegetable Oil
For the Icing
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Open the biscuits and lay them flat on a cutting board. With a 1/2 – 3/4 inch round cookie cutter, punch out the centers.
- Add 3 inches of oil to a large pot (I like to use my Dutch Oven for this) and heat to 350 deg F. Use a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature.
- Carefully place a donut in the hot oil and cook for 30 seconds. Flip it over and cook the other side. Dry on a paper towel.
- Fry all the donuts and donut holes.
- Mix sugar, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add more milk or sugar to achieve a thin glaze consistency. Dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze and let them drip over a cooling rack. The glaze will the thin and transparent.
- Add sprinkles to wet glaze or let dry and re-dip for more sugar glaze.
- Enjoy with a large glass of milk!
Do not splash the donuts in the oil. Use a slotted spoon or tongs to move the donuts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
All content 100% human written.Images, text and all other content Copyrighted©Karyn Granrud, Susanne Queck and Wunderlander Verlag LLC, or ©Pro Stock Media via Canva.com. Unlicensed republishing permitted. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn on qualified purchases.