Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
Today is an easy day. We are making candy! And not just any candy. Homemade Peanut Butter Cups made with great chocolate and homemade peanut butter filling. It’s a fun candy treat that you can make at home with the kids or as gifts to give to friends.
These are so easy to make. You’ll need a mini mold to make these. This is the Peanut Butter Cup Mold that I used to make these.
I did not add any sugar to the peanut butter center. Some people will add powdered sugar to the peanut butter to thicken it and give it more of a candy texture that you are with in a Reese’s. Feel free to modify your as you see fit, but we really liked the pure peanut and chocolate flavor.
These little homemade Peanut Butter Cups were a huge hit here. I was happy to give them to my family because they weren’t full of sugar and preservatives.
Don’t get me wrong, I would not consider these to be “healthy”, but they were a much better choice for a sweet treat.
I used these homemade peanut butter cups in this Chocolate Cake Roll Recipe.
Check out these other homemade candy treats
- 2-3 cups dark chocolate or chocolate of choice
- 1/2 cup peanut butter – I used homemade peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- dash of salt
- Melt 3/4ths of the chocolate over a double boiler or slowly in the microwave. Do not over heat! Stir constantly until melted and then add in the remaining chocolate to temper the chocolate.
- Paint the inside of the mold with the melted chocolate. Place the mold into the fridge to harden for 5 minutes.
- Mix the peanut butter and sugar (if using) with the salt together until smooth. Transfer to a baggie or piping bag and squeeze into the cold chocolate cups. If you used the sugar, press down the mixture to flatten it out. Cover the peanut butter with more melted chocolate and refrigerate for 15 minutes to set.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store on the counter.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 42mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 4gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.